Park Ridge Divorce Attorneys

Resolving Life's Challenges to Get You to a BETTER PLACE

Illinois Divorce Lawyers Assisting Clients in Park Ridge, IL

If you are planning to get divorced this year, now is the time to get in touch with one of our experienced Park Ridge divorce attorneys. At Arami Law, Inc., we have years of experience representing clients in Illinois with a wide variety of family law matters, including various issues arising out of divorce cases. When it comes to divorce in Park Ridge, our team can assist you.

Common Park Ridge Divorce Issues Our Attorneys Handle

Our Park Ridge divorce lawyers handle many different types of legal cases connected to divorce, such as: 

  • Property division;
  • Spousal maintenance;
  • Child custody, or the allocation of parental responsibilities;
  • Relocation; and
  • Child support. 

Equitable Division of Marital Property in a Cook County Divorce

 Illinois is one of the majority of states that uses an “equitable distribution” model for dividing marital assets and liabilities between divorcing spouses. Some states are known as “community property” states, and most of those states say that all marital property is owned equally by the parties, and their courts split the property down the middle 50/50. Illinois is different.

Using the equitable distribution model, Illinois courts will consider many different factors to decide what an equitable distribution looks like, such as the standard of living established during the marriage, contributions of either spouse to the education or professional development of the other spouse, and the health of both parties. Ultimately, equitable distribution does not mean an equal 50/50 distribution, but rather it means that both parties will get an amount of marital property that is fair to them.

Minor Children From the Marriage in Park Ridge Divorce Cases

When you have minor children from your marriage, you need to be prepared for your divorce case to involve the allocation of parental responsibilities and a determination about child support obligations. The allocation of parental responsibilities is the term the IMDMA now uses to refer to child custody. Whenever the court allocates parental responsibilities, it considers a variety of factors to reach a decision that puts the best interests of the child first.

In terms of child support, Illinois uses an “income shares” model for calculating child support. As such, you should be ready for the court to combine your income with your spouse in order to determine an objective child support obligation based on the guidelines table. Then, you should know that the court will apportion that child support obligation to both parents based on factors like the individual parent’s income and the amount of parenting time each party has. 

Contact a Park Ridge Divorce Attorney

Although the divorce process in Park Ridge is relatively straightforward when both spouses have agreed to all terms of the divorce and are anticipating an uncontested divorce, an experienced Park Ridge divorce lawyer can always provide necessary guidance on a wide variety of divorce matters. Whether you are anticipating a relatively amicable proceeding or a very contentious divorce battle, our firm is here to assist you. Contact Arami Law, Inc. to learn more about the services we provide to clients in and around Park Ridge, Illinois.

“For anyone reading this and looking for a great family law firm to hire, go with the best, Arami Law.”

- B.A. Lincoln
Choose Arami Law, Inc.

Six Ways That We Stand Apart

  • Available 24/7 by Phone
  • Exclusively Focused on Family Law
  • Each Case is Given Personal Attention
  • Tailored Solutions for Each Client
  • Reasonable & Fair Approaches
  • Equipped for Trial
Request Your Consultation

The Beginning to a Happier You

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.