Resolving Life's Challenges to Get You to a BETTER PLACE
Illinois Family Lawyers Serving Clients in Oak Lawn
Family law is a broad and complex area of the law, and it includes many different kinds of legal issues that can impact family relationships. Many family law issues in Illinois are governed by the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA), although matters such as paternity and prenuptial agreements are governed by other specific laws in Illinois. Whether you need assistance with a divorce or child custody case, or you need help proving paternity or drafting a premarital agreement, an experienced Oak Lawn family law attorney at Arami Law, Inc. can begin working with you on your case.
Types of Oak Lawn Family Law Cases We Handle
At Arami Law, Inc., our Oak Lawn family lawyers handle a wide variety of family law matters, including but not limited to the following:
- Divorce, including filing a petition for the dissolution of marriage, property division, spousal maintenance, and modifications;
- Child custody or the allocation of parental responsibilities, including the allocation of significant decision-making responsibilities and parenting time;
- Child support under the Illinois income shares model, including calculating child support or enforcing a child support order;
- Grandparents’ rights, including grandparent visitation;
- Prenuptial agreements, which are also known as premarital agreements, including drafting prenups or showing that a premarital agreement either is or is not enforceable in a divorce;
- Paternity, including establishing paternity or parentage for purposes of child custody or child support; and
- Modifications of family law orders, such as allocation judgments.
Oak Lawn Divorce and Family Law
Divorce is a common legal process in Illinois family law. Our firm can assist you with all aspects of your divorce, from filing your petition for the dissolution of marriage to advocating for your rights in the equitable distribution of property to handling complex issues like the dissolution of a long-term marriage or concerns about hiding property.
Child Custody and Child Support in Oak Lawn
Many divorces involve minor children from the marriage, which means that child custody will need to be determined in those divorces. Yet child custody cases can also arise entirely outside the context of divorce, including in situations where parents were never married or there are questions about parentage.
Child custody cases often go hand-in-hand with child support orders. Under Illinois law, child support obligations are determined based on the “income shares” model, which presumes that both parents are financially responsible for their children and therefore considers both parents’ incomes in calculating the total support obligation. Whether you need assistance calculating child support or enforcing a child support order, our lawyers can assist you.
Contact Our Oak Lawn Family Lawyers Today
If you are facing any kind of legal issue affecting your family, or if you have questions or concerns about any family law matter in Illinois, one of our experienced Oak Lawn family law attorneys can speak with you today about your circumstances. Family law encompasses a wide range of legal issues, from those arising out of divorce and separation to those involving paternity and premarital agreements. Contact Arami Law, Inc. today for more information about how we can assist you.
“For anyone reading this and looking for a great family law firm to hire, go with the best, Arami Law.”- B.A. Lincoln
Available 24/7 by Phone
Exclusively Focused on Family Law
Each Case is Given Personal Attention
Tailored Solutions for Each Client
Reasonable & Fair Approaches
Equipped for Trial