Resolving Life's Challenges to Get You to a BETTER PLACE
Family Law Attorneys Serving Clients in and Around Lincoln Park
Family law issues can range widely, from matters pertaining to divorce and child custody to prenuptial agreements and paternity. When you have a legal issue arise that affects your family, it is important to work with Lincoln Park family law attorneys who have experience handling cases with fact patterns similar to yours.
At Arami Law, our lawyers have many years of experience assisting families with many different kinds of legal issues. We know how important it is to have a dedicated advocate on your side, and we would be pleased to speak with you today about your case.
Types of Cases Our Lincoln Park Family Law Attorneys Handle
Our firm assists families in Lincoln Park with many different types of family law matters. The following are some examples of the types of cases handled by our Lincoln Park family lawyers:
- Prenuptial or premarital agreements;
- Spousal maintenance or alimony;
- Child custody, or the allocation of parental responsibilities;
- Child support issues;
- Grandparents’ rights;
- Paternity cases;
- Guardian Ad Litem cases;
- Child custody modifications;
- Spousal maintenance modifications; and
- Child support modifications.
Divorce Cases in the Lincoln Park Area
The Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA) governs divorce cases in Illinois, including those throughout Cook County. Our firm commonly helps clients with many different matters arising out of divorce, such as:
- Complex property division in a high net worth divorce;
- Dissolution of a long-term marriage;
- Equitable distribution and the classification of marital property;
- Determining whether spousal maintenance is appropriate;
- Negotiating marital property settlements;
- Creating a parenting plan language;
- Advocating for a parent in the allocation of parental responsibilities;
- Calculating child support under the income shares model; and
- Assisting with modifications related to divorce orders, including spousal maintenance, child custody, and child support.
Allocation of Parental Responsibilities in Lincoln Park
Under the IMDMA, language about child custody has been changed to the “allocation of parental responsibilities.” Parental responsibilities include both parenting time and caretaking functions for the child (known previously as physical custody), and important decision-making functions concerning the child’s upbringing and well-being (known previously as legal custody).
If parents can come to an agreement about how parental responsibilities should be allocated, they can create what is known as a parenting plan. If the judge determines that the parenting plan is in the best interests of the child, then the parenting plan can take effect instead of an allocation judgment. If parents cannot agree, then the court will decide what is in the best interests of the child and will issue an allocation judgment.
The Lincoln Park family lawyers at our firm can answer any questions you might have about the allocations of parental responsibilities, child support, and other matters related to minor children.
Contact Our Family Law Attorneys in Lincoln Park
When you need assistance with a legal matter affecting your family, it is extremely important to seek advice from a team of experienced and compassionate family law attorneys in Lincoln Park. At Arami Law, we routinely help clients with numerous family law matters. Contact us today to speak with a lawyer about your case.
“For anyone reading this and looking for a great family law firm to hire, go with the best, Arami Law.”- B.A. Lincoln
Available 24/7 by Phone
Exclusively Focused on Family Law
Each Case is Given Personal Attention
Tailored Solutions for Each Client
Reasonable & Fair Approaches
Equipped for Trial