Resolving Life's Challenges to Get You to a BETTER PLACE
Family Law Attorney in Lakeview
Many family law issues in Illinois arise out of divorce cases, but other family law matters are not tied to divorce proceedings at all. At Arami Law, the dedicated Lakeview family law attorneys at our firm regularly help clients with many different types of legal issues affecting families in Illinois, from matters pertaining to divorce to issues such as those involving paternity or grandparents’ rights. Many child custody cases we take on involve allocation judgments in divorce cases, but many also involve parenting plans and allocation judgments when parents are unmarried.
We have years of experience handling a wide variety of family law cases, and we would be pleased to help with your family law needs.
How a Lakeview Family Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
Family law is a relatively broad area that involves numerous kinds of legal issues that impact families. We know how important it is to have an experienced advocate on your side during any contentious or sensitive family law issue, and we strive to provide each of our clients with powerful yet compassionate representation. The following are just some of the many types of family law cases we handle for clients in and around Lakeview:
- Prenuptial or premarital agreements, including drafting premarital agreements prior to a marriage or assisting clients with enforcement questions in the event of divorce;
- Paternity, including paternity determinations and fathers’ rights issues;
- Divorce, including issues of property division, business valuation, complex property valuation, high asset divorce concerns, filing a petition for dissolution of marriage, and seeking spousal maintenance;
- Allocation of parental responsibilities, including issues of parenting time, drafting parenting plans, and assisting with grandparents’ rights and visitation matters;
- Child support, including calculating likely support obligations under the new “income shares” model and assisting parents with child support collections issues;
- Guardian ad litem matters; and
- Modifications of divorce judgments, allocation judgments, and child support orders.
Child Custody or the Allocation of Parental Responsibilities in Lakeview
Some of the most emotional and contentious family law issues in Lakeview involve child custody. Under the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA), Illinois courts do not award child custody or visitation to parents. Instead, a couple of years ago, the laws changed to reflect the changing needs and dynamics of families in Illinois. The new laws are more flexible, and they allow the court to allocate parental responsibilities instead of awarding child custody.
Under the new model, courts decide how parents should share important decision-making responsibilities and parenting time, based on the child’s best interests.
Contact a Family Lawyer in Lakeview
No matter how big or small your family law issue might be, one of the experienced Lakeview family lawyers at our firm can speak with you about your options and can get started on your case as soon as possible. Do not hesitate to reach out to the compassionate advocates at our firm. Contact Arami Law today for help with legal issues involving your family.
“For anyone reading this and looking for a great family law firm to hire, go with the best, Arami Law.”- B.A. Lincoln
Available 24/7 by Phone
Exclusively Focused on Family Law
Each Case is Given Personal Attention
Tailored Solutions for Each Client
Reasonable & Fair Approaches
Equipped for Trial