Resolving Life's Challenges to Get You to a BETTER PLACE
Illinois Divorce Attorneys Serving Clients in Hinsdale
Are you considering the possibility of seeking a divorce in Illinois? You should know that one of the experienced Hinsdale divorce lawyers at our firm can assist you. Arami Law, Inc. has been representing clients in Cook County for years and is here to help with your divorce.
Our Firm Handles a Variety of Hinsdale Divorce Issues
The dedicated Hinsdale divorce attorneys at Arami Law, Inc. regularly assist clients with all facets of an Illinois divorce, including but not limited to the following:
- Distribution of marital property, including the classification of separate and marital property, complex valuation issues, concerns about hidden or concealed assets, and complications of commingled property;
- Financial support, including spousal maintenance and child support;
- Allocating parental responsibilities, which include both significant decision-making responsibilities and parenting time;
- Developing a parenting plan to allocate parental responsibilities; and
- Seeking a modification when a substantial change in circumstances has occurred.
Filing for No-Fault Divorce in Hinsdale
Filing for divorce is relatively straightforward under the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA). Since Illinois is a no-fault state for divorce purposes, there is no need for the spouse seeking the divorce to prove that either party’s fault caused the divorce. Instead, the party who files a petition for the dissolution of marriage will simply need to plead that the marriage has broken down due to irreconcilable differences. The court must then determine that efforts to reconcile would not be in the best interests of the family members.
You should not be worried about the court finding that the “irreconcilable differences” requirement has been met when you file for divorce. As the IMDMA emphasizes, when spouses have lived separately and apart for at least six months prior to the divorce filing, that shows that irreconcilable differences exist.
Modifying Divorce Orders in Hinsdale
While divorce orders are intended to last long enough so that the parties are not routinely required to return to the courtroom, Illinois law also recognizes that life changes and issues can arise. Generally speaking, in order to modify a divorce order under Illinois law, you must be able to show that a substantial change of circumstances has occurred. Parties typically seek modifications of spousal maintenance orders, child support orders, and allocation judgments. The following are some common reasons to seek a modification:
- Change of job and relocation;
- Loss of job and income;
- Promotion and increased income; or
- Illness or injury that will prevent employment and income for a particular period of time or permanently.
Contact Our Hinsdale Divorce Attorneys
Our dedicated Hinsdale divorce lawyers recognize that every case comes with its own facts and circumstances, and we tailor our legal strategy to meet your needs. Whether you are in the early stages of considering divorce or you are already making plans to file for divorce, the family law advocates at Arami Law, Inc. are here to assist you. Contact Arami Law, Inc. today to learn more about how we can assist you.
“For anyone reading this and looking for a great family law firm to hire, go with the best, Arami Law.”- B.A. Lincoln
Available 24/7 by Phone
Exclusively Focused on Family Law
Each Case is Given Personal Attention
Tailored Solutions for Each Client
Reasonable & Fair Approaches
Equipped for Trial