Wednesday 01, Jul, 2015
Do You Really Need a Lawyer for Divorce?
Lean on Arami Law for Understanding
There is no law stating that you must hire a lawyer to help you with your divorce. However, there are certainly a number of advantages to doing so, as a legal professional will keep you informed of your rights and best options.
The following are some key reasons why you should consider consulting an experienced divorce attorney in Illinois:
- Reliable advice. Divorce attorney have helped many people through the same process you are about to experience. Their knowledge is key in helping to ensure you are treated fairly when it comes to the division of marital property and debt. Additionally, an attorney provides you with sound legal advice if you have any complicated issues you must settle.
- Reduced anxiety. Divorce can be a stressful process, and the challenges are greater when you have to figure out all of the legal considerations on your own. Having an attorney handle the bulk of these issues allows you to focus on other areas of concern as you adjust to a new lifestyle.
- Greater efficiency. Skilled lawyers understand how to fill out and file paperwork accurately and quickly, meaning you won’t have to spend additional time making revisions or trying to figure out how to file your documents. The last thing you want is for your divorce to drag on any longer than needed.
- Clarity and peace of mind. Attorneys know how to write documents so that they are clear and legally binding, without any loopholes your former spouse could take advantage of after the divorce is finalized.
- Financial savings. Although you might initially save some money by not having to pay attorney’s fees, failing to secure legal representation could cost you dearly when it comes to dividing your marital assets or selling your home. It’s important to have a knowledgeable lawyer advocating for your interests.
For the guidance you need during a divorce in Illinois, call Arami Law at 312-212-1399 or contact us online today.