Park Ridge Divorce Lawyer

Home / Park Ridge Divorce Lawyer

Speak With A Park Ridge Divorce Attorney Today To Start Your Divorce Process.

Divorce proceedings can be expensive and time-consuming, but one way to speed up the process is to file for a simplified dissolution. Only certain couples are eligible for this opportunity, so if you live in Park Ridge or somewhere else in the Chicago area and are interested in filing for a simplified dissolution, it is critical to speak with an experienced divorce attorney who can help walk you through the process.

Filing a Petition

To be eligible to file a joint petition for a simplified dissolution, a couple must satisfy specific conditions, including that:

  • Neither spouse is dependent on the other for financial support or each party is willing to waive the right to support;
  • One of the parties has lived in the state for at least three months;
  • The couple can establish that irreconcilable differences have caused the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage and that efforts at reconciliation have failed or that future attempts at reconciliation are impracticable or would not be in the best interests of the family;
  • No children were born to or adopted by the parties during the marriage and the wife is not pregnant;
  • The couple has not been married for more than eight years;
  • Neither party has an interest in real property or retirement benefits unless the benefits are exclusively held in individual accounts and their combined value is less than $10,000;
  • Both parties waive any rights to spousal maintenance;
  • The total value of all material property is less than $50,000;
  • The couple’s combined gross annual income is less than $60,000;
  • Neither party has a gross yearly income that exceeds $30,000;
  • Both spouses have disclosed all assets, liabilities, and tax returns from the years of the marriage; and
  • The parties have executed a written agreement dividing all assets worth more than $100 and allocating responsibility for the couple’s debts.

If all of these requirements are fulfilled, both parties must complete the form, sign it, and present it to the Clerk of the local Circuit Court. The court will also require a copy of the couple’s agreement regarding the division of their assets. After filing the petition, both parties will be required to present their case on the same day. At this point, the parties will also be asked to submit an affidavit to the court stating that all property has been divided as agreed. If all of the requirements are met, the parties have paid all necessary fees, and the proper documentation has been submitted, the court will order a formal dissolution.

Contact Arami Law Today to Speak With an Experienced Park Ridge Divorce Lawyer

Going through a divorce can be physically, financially, and emotionally taxing. Fortunately, there are certain procedures that can help save couples both time and money, including filing for a simplified dissolution. If you live in Park Ridge and believe that you may qualify for a simplified divorce, please contact the Arami Law by calling (312) 212-1399 and we’ll help you schedule an initial consultation with a dedicated attorney.

Need Help?

We help resolve life’s challenges to get you to a better place!

Contact Us

Schedule A Consultation

To request a consultation, please fill out all fields, and we will follow up with you
momentarily to set up an appointment.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button